Kingdom Hearts
Welcome to our site! We ask that you take a look around and join us for an adventure!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» June Updates
Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:13 pm by Yuffie

» HELLO OUT THERE!
Sun May 15, 2016 10:22 am by Yuffie

» Squire Knight of the Fourth Order, Luna
Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm by Roxas

» February Updates
Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:44 pm by Yuffie

» Roxas is a daddy???
Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:01 pm by Yuffie

» Blast From The Past (Chat room)
Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:41 pm by Roxas

» NEW YEARS BASH (RP EVERYONE CHUM ON!)
Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 pm by Yuffie

» Sea Salt Ice Cream (open to all)
Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 am by Yuffie

» My OC: Rowan
Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 am by Yuffie

Navigation
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 89 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:20 pm
Admins
Roxas, Head Admin
Roxas
MrsGrizzley, BoardMom Admin
MrsGrizzley
Riku, Points Admin
Riku
Moderators
Shade Leonhart, Attitude Adjuster
Shade Leonhart
Yuffie, Motivational Mod
Yuffie

Ahoy Matey! (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ahoy Matey! (Private)

Post by Sora on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:09 pm

Sora walked down the cobblestone streets of Port Royal with a hitch to step and an open grin on his face. He hadn't been here in a year, but he'd liked meeting Cap'n Jack Sparrow. He wondered if the Pirate had ever been able to learn how to use a keyblade. Jack had wondered about it as much as Sora had wondered about the fun of taking a pirate ship out for a spin.

As long as it was a Pirate like Cap'n Jack Sparrow. It was really hard not to like the strange man.

He'd never liked Cap'n Hook and Barbossa hadn't endeared himself to the young Keymaster, but it sure had been hard not to like Cap'n Jack Sparrow.

He looked around at the buildings and at the people who walked by on errands of their own. His clothing was drastically out of place, but only a few people looked oddly at him. He didn't run into that reaction often, but it did happen now and again.

Maybe he would find a new friend, or maybe run into an old one. He was open to any possibility.
Sora

Back to top Go down

Re: Ahoy Matey! (Private)

Post by Shade Leonhart on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:08 am

Shade's nose pinched up from the putrid stench of the air throughout the entire town. No matter where she wandered, there wasn't much relief to be found for her suffering sense of smell. There were moments the odors brought her eyes to sting as she desperately made her way through the clustered streets of bodies, and various animals littering her path.

The noise was just as chaotic. Shouts bellowed from all directions, chickens shrieked in every direction, stray dogs snapping and barking, drunken sots and their slurred songs, horses neighing in panic, sea gulls screaming from every roof top above... Shade's nerves were about to snap.

Of any given world throughout this entire realm, her ship just had to crash here. Riku would pay dearly, she fumed in her thoughts. Him and his cursed prized Gummi pieces. But for now, this was where Shade Leonhart found herself stranded and she had no choice but to venture here and hopefully find the means to repair the blasted thing in order to get out of her current nightmare.

Pausing in step, she wiped her brow for the countless time from the unbearable heat. The thick humidity made it unbearable, and even though she stripped herself of her jacket, her tank still clung against her skin as if she just walked out of the ocean itself. For now, that was her destination for some relief of the town madness and to gather her thoughts to hopefully come up with a plan.

Rounding a corner she hoped would would bring her closer to the docks, Shade unexpectedly ran into another body, which nearly sent her temper ablaze to match the very heat of the day itself. Staggering back a step, Shade's steel hued eyes then narrowed at the boy with unruly spiky hair and wearing the oddest colorful outfit that screamed "I don't belong here!"

And that alone meant trouble.

Shade turned right around and quickly walked in the opposite direction, not caring that it took her straight back into the depths of the town she was so desperately trying to escape from.
Shade Leonhart
Attitude Adjuster
Attitude Adjuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Sora realized that someone had bumped into him and he looked up with a grin. Was this a new friend?

Seeing Shade caused Sora's eyes to widen. Something in the way she was dressed and the way she looked reminded him very strongly of Leon, not the kid in his school, but the Leon he'd fought in Traverse Town, the Leon who used a Gunblade and who fought beside Cloud outside Hollow Bastion which used to be Radiant Garden.

That Leon was a friend of his! Maybe this person could be too!

He reached out and grabbed her by the hand before she could get too far away and then shook that hand enthusiastically. "Hi! I'm Sora! What's your name?"

This was turning into a really good day.
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Leonhart on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:29 pm

This was turning into a really BAD day.....

Startled by this kid grabbing her and suddenly shaking her hand as if she were his long lost friend, Shade felt a slight twitch in her right eye when gazing into his over joyous face. Why in all the places in this cursed realm did she have to crash HERE? And now to add to that... of ALL the people in this town, why did this kid have to single HER out?

Sora... what kind of name was Sora? And did he even own a comb?

"Uum..." Shade cleared her throat and tried prying her hand out of his and taking a step back to measure this boy up. True, he didn't fit into this place at all, but that obviously didn't effect his cheerful disposition in the least. While glancing at those passing by them and giving them the stare down, Shade's nerves began to twitch. Sooner or later, there would come along trouble that didn't like strangers in their town....

"I'm Shade... Shade Leonhart..." Those taking notice of herself and Sora were now appearing more ragged and dangerous looking...

"And take it from me, kiddo.... you better make your way to where ever your going real quick before these sots think you have something they feel is free for the taking."

With a quick nod to her new company, Shade turned and headed for the docks, hoping that maybe those stalking them previously would take the bait and follow a woman instead. Sure she didn't know the kid, but Shade had to safely assume that he would be no match for a crowd of thugs on his own. So she tried to lure them away by dangling her Griever pendant to swing freely about by her hand in hopes prying eyes would see it as a valuable trinket to steal.
Shade Leonhart
Attitude Adjuster
Attitude Adjuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Sora, though, was not to be deterrred.

"Leonhart?" He couldn't believe it, but it was just TOO COOL to not be true! "I knew a guy named Leon, only his name wasn't really Leon. He just started calling himself Leon after Radiant Garden became Hollow Bastion and he's started to use his old name some now that Radiant Garden is starting to heal. His name used to be Squall and he had this really COOL sword, only it was a gun, but it was a sword too!"

He followed Shade no matter how she tried to escape him. He wasn't really scared of anyone in this city, really. This was one of the worlds where the King had said that he could use his Keyblade if he needed to. And it's not like some ruffian causing trouble could POSSIBLY be as dangerous as Xemnas the Superior had been.

And Sora had defeated Xemnas. Of course, he'd had Riku with him at the time.

But now he had Shade, and he was sure that they were gonna be the best of friends! They might even spar at some point. She sure looked like she'd be a good ally in a fight.

He saw the pendant dangling from her pocket and he whooped. "He had a necklace just like that one! He gave me a keychain that looked like it at one point and it made a REALLY cool Keyblade! How'd you get here? You got a Gummi Ship? How's Radiant Garden doing these days? I haven't been back in a while, it's been almost a year since I really traveled, but I'm hoping to go looking at places with my friends. Why don't you come with us? I think it'd be FUN!"

All the while he was running circles around her and acting completely oblivious to anyone watching them.
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Leonhart on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:34 pm

Shade predicted this kid may be the persistent type with his openly energetic demeanor, but what she never predicted were the words that came out Sora’s mouth. ….His name used to be Squall…

Her feet froze in place and her gaze was locked straight ahead, but seeing nothing at all ahead of her. The immediate shock from hearing that name alone froze up every muscle in Shade’s body and her mind couldn’t grasp a single thought. As Sora continued to ramble even more about Squall, her fist clenched the pendant even tighter and her hand began to shake….

…He had a necklace just like that one!

When Shade could finally move, she managed to look at Sora with disbelief and confusion etched across her face. It took several moments of choked breaths before she could finally find her voice again. “I…I wouldn’t know him…” She lied of course, but it was all Shade could manage being so caught up in the fierce grip of a downward spiral within her current state of mind. She swallowed hard when the wariness slowly crept again by the swine of predators stalking them through the crowd of passer-bys. Shade actually felt grateful for the distraction as her other hand cautiously wrapped around the hilt of her blade.

Her attention was averted again by Sora’s seemingly endless questions. “My ship crashed along the outskirts of the town…” She muttered her answer when looking to another direction finding one of the native drunkards now smirking at her with his own hand resting on the pommel of his weapon.

Her scouting gaze found yet another a few feet to the right… “I don’t know of Radient gardens…Never heard of it…” She answered to the next of Sora’s questions as her mind began to instinctively play out a multiple course of actions depending on how they were to be approached and by how many. She shifted closer to Sora and tried to nudge him with her elbow to get him to move along when spotted yet another trio of dangerous glares who looked to be more like Neanderthals rather than evolved human beings.

“And if we’re to get anywhere, the first thing we better do is get out of here…”

As if reading her mind or somehow hearing her words through the bustling noise of the street, those who had been carefully watching were now closing in on them.

Shade Leonhart
Attitude Adjuster
Attitude Adjuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:10 am

Sora, though, would not be deterred.

"You've got a gummi ship? Cool! I know ALL about gummi ships! I helped build a BUNCH of them a couple years ago when I was going all over the place. Maybe I can help you fix it?"

He was a little disappointed that she didn't seem to know Leon, or Squall as he once was called, but that didn't bother him too greatly. Nothing really seemed to bother him for long. Donald and Goofy used to tease him about it, but it's just the way he was.

He didn't understand why she was in such a hurry to get away from where they were until he saw the goons creeping in. Now, he was much more used to ambushes by Heartless or Nobodies, but he knew an ambush when he saw one, even if he was looking at scoundrel Somebodies.

He'd had to fight Somebodies before.

But why fight if you could get away and thumb your nose at the jerks?

"Come on! Let's find this ship of yours!"

He grabbed her hand and was off again, running through the streets of Port Royal in an effort to elude their would-be attackers and grinning madly the entire way.

This was almost as much fun as a fight would be!
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Leonhart on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:17 am

Shade’s body jerked when Sora suddenly grabbed her and tore off down the street. Once she regained her balance, Shade pulled her wrist from his hold, but she did continue to run along side him. After several random turns into alleys and various streets, Shade came to stop as they rounded yet another corner to peer back around to see if they were followed.

On any other given day, Shade would welcome a fight. Especially one such as what they fled from simply to stomp out the arrogance of the thieves and teach them a valuable lesson. But her mind was completely out of sorts with the mention of Squall and this kid knowing him; which meant Shade had stumbled across yet another realm where his presence existed. No doubt Shade would make foolish mistakes with her concentration clouded with the new burden fresh in her mind.

While still catching her breath, Shade eventually let her guard down when no one came searching for them. She brought her head back around and tilted it back to lean it against the wall her back was braced against. For a moment, she closed her eyes and worked to return her hard core façade. “First thing, Sora…” Her voice rasped through her throat, then Shade slowly pried open her eyes to now shift her gaze alone to meet his. “…don’t touch me.”

Closing her eyes again, she let out a long sigh and pushed her back against the stone wall to stand straight on her own again. She wiped the sweat from her brow and the back of her neck before starting to walk off. This time, she stuck to the alley they ventured into simply for the solitude. Her reclusive demeanor returned, and in silence, she left it up to Sora to decide if he wanted to follow or not.

Shade Leonhart
Attitude Adjuster
Attitude Adjuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:52 pm

((Sorry, sorry, sorry!))

Sora frowned slightly at Shade's strange behavior. It took him a moment to remember how silent and reticent Leon had been when they'd met the first time.

But still, the idea that someone didn't want to be touched . . .

He just couldn't understand it, and he couldn't let Shade just leave like that.

It reminded him a bit of the way Riku had tried to leave, back when Sora'd been looking for him everywhere and didn't even know it was him when they finally met.

He wasn't going to let Shade leave.

He followed along behind her. "Why don't you like being touched? Don't you hug your friends? Where's your Gummi ship? Didn't you say that you had a Gummi ship? Were you going somewhere when you landed here? Do you like to explore? I like to explore. I also like to fight. My friends and I were going to go exploring at some point. The three of us around the worlds, like it should have been three years ago, before …" He paused, then, oddly muted for a moment, before continuing.

"… before a lot of things happened. We're just now getting the chance. We're gonna have SO much fun! Why don't you have friends with you? Are they back at your Gummi ship? Have you ever been on a Pirate Ship? I've been on a couple. I liked Cap'n Jack Sparrow, but I didn't like Captain Hook. What about you? Have you met either of them?"
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Leonhart on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:51 am

As Shade continued a more leisure pace through the alley, she soon found…or rather heard…Sora had chosen to follow her. She didn’t pause, nor spare him a glance while keeping her sigh slow and silent to herself. Surely one as rambunctious as him would grow tired of her company and go wander off eventually.

….. Did this kid EVER shut up!?

If it wasn’t for her SeeD training, she may never have been able to mentally keep track of all his endless questions. So when he finally paused to actually breath, Shade replied with a melancholy tone as she continued walking along.

“I just don’t. No, I don’t. It’s this way. Yes I do. Obviously I was. No, I don’t…”

She took a breath bypassing any comment about his own friends, then continued answering the rest of his questions. “I have no friends. No one’s at my ship. No, I haven’t. And no.”

Finally, Shade did choose to stop for a moment, then turn to lock her stern gaze with his. Her expression was blank of any emotion or to any clue as to her thoughts while she rested her hands upon her hips. Might as well get this over with, she thought.

“Anything else?”
Shade Leonhart
Attitude Adjuster
Attitude Adjuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:16 pm

For a moment Sora was utterly dumbfounded.

"No friends????"

He literally could not comprehend someone going through life without ANY friends. He couldn't imagine trying to live without Kairi and Riku and Donald and Goofy and the King and ... and ...

He stood there looking at her, utterly silent for all of half a second before his face broke out in the biggest grin he'd ever worn.

"Well, you gotta friend now!" He pointed at himself with one thumb, standing as tall as his limited height would allow, proud as the proverbial peacock. "I'll be your friend! and when I introduce you to Kairi and Riku they'll be your friends too! You don't have to be alone ANY more!!"

He was actually quite pleased with himself at the solution he'd devised.
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Leonhart on Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:26 am

At Sora's absurd reaction, Shade's eyes actually widened a bit. This kid was obviously an absolute nutcase, or simply desperate...

After his dramatic display of pride and grand announcement of friendship, Shade simply sighed and raised her right hand to rub at her temple from the increasing headache the rising humidity had caused. Or maybe it was Sora's endless chatter... And even though the sweltering heat caused her mood to grow sour, Shade was actually too tired to be outright rude and cruel to the kid.

With a sigh, Shade still rubbed at her head, yet kept her head bowed and her eyes closed as she begun to speak. "Look kid.... I know you probably mean well, but trust me....I'm the last person in this entire universe you want as a friend. If you're smart at all as you are hyper, you'd stay the hell away from the likes of me."

Finally, she raised her head and tilted it back as she now rubbed the back of her neck. "I'm only known to hurt anyone around me, and you seem like a decent kid. Just stick with these friends you already have. You'll be safer that way..."

Without warning or a farewell, Shade turned and continued on her way through the alley hoping this Sora had a brain cell somewhere in that wild spiked out head of hair to take her words seriously. She didn't want to have to tell him of how she failed the few friends she once had in order for him to get the point. Or how she continuously failed herself for that matter.
Shade Leonhart
Attitude Adjuster
Attitude Adjuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sora on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:51 pm

Shade didn't know Sora that well, now did she?

Anyone who'd spent any time in the spastic boy's presence knew that quit just wasn't something this kid knew how to do. And his idea of friendship was COMPLETELY one-sided, not that it mattered to him when didn't worry about his friends being that devoted to him.

So it wasn't all THAT unexpected to anyone who knew the boy to see him immediately take off after Shade.

"That's okay! Riku went through a phase like that. We had to fight for real at one point and then he wasn't going to let me find him again because he felt so bad about what he'd been made to do while the Darkness controlled him. He's a lot like you and he's been my best friend since we were …" he paused for a moment, words failing him briefly, "since we were BORN!"

The more he thought about it, though, the stronger the idea became in his head. "You should meet him! I think you and him would get along great!!! You're so much alike!!"

He kept up behind her, no further than three steps behind hers, no matter where she went. He was used to having to keep his friends from losing him "for his own good". Riku'd tried it once and Sora wasn't going to let it happen again.
Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade Leonhart on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:18 am

((OOC: I know, i know, I suck at consistency....sorry))

Shade continued walking and paying the boy no mind. It was a usual process Shade came to practice in the past. If you ignored something long enough, it would eventually grow bored and leave on its own. She already had a deep suspicion that this Sora was going to be one of the few with a longer persistence span than most she'd run into in the past. He was much like someone annoying she grew up with, so no doubt Shade would find herself grinding her teeth while enduring his company.

At the mention of Riku's name, Shade paused slightly, then quickly shook it off and proceeded walking. While listening to Sora ramble on and on, she continued her way toward the outskirts of the cove. She could at least have this chattering kid take a look at her ship as payment for having to tolerate him.

When he actually.... miraculously..... finally!!! shut up, Shade responded passively in hopes her answer would dissuade Sora's suggestion. "I've met a Riku, no doubt the one you're speaking of. Poor guy has focus issues, if you ask me....and an odd obsession with gummi blocks, or whatever you call them. Although I had to drag him across the beach and dunk him into the ocean when he tried to kill me...."

She sniffed with annoyance at the memory of that day she found herself lost on that cursed island and none of the events made any sense to her at all. But she did get an airship out of the deal, even if it was a crappy one that constantly broke down.
Shade Leonhart
Attitude Adjuster
Attitude Adjuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top